Rebooting Steam

Mon Oct 8 13:13:25 EDT 2012

The October issue of Wired Magazine has an article entitled 'Back on Track'
that describes the work of a group called Sustainable Rail Iinternational.
This group is rebuilding Santa Fe 3463 with new technology that will make
steam power more efficient than other alternatives. First I'd heard of
this, so I'm wondering if anyone is tracking this and has an idea of
whether it has merit. A copy of the article is attached.

Frank Akers
www.ruralretreatdepot.org