Roanoke junction construction

Sun Oct 21 15:47:05 EDT 2012

To all. From the Yankee, thank you very much to Ron Davis and Eric Shelton
for the constant update on the Roanoke construction. Without your
contributions, I can only see what is available on the Roanoke Railcam. My
wife and I visited Roanoke in the fall of 2010 and spent several very
pleasant days staying at the Hotel Roanoke, so I'm very interested in
following the revisions. On an other note my wife and I were in Roanoke
when they ran the first West bound double stack train over the finished
Pocahontas upgrading but when sitting on the hotel porch and watching this
double stack go by, I didn't realize the significance of what we were
watching go by except I remember saying to Joan, my wife-"I didn't know they
could run double stacks west of here". Little did I know. I now wonder if
Wick Moorman was in the cab.
Thanks again for the up-dates.
Stewart Fritts
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:46 PM