End of Service for VGN EL-2B Streamliners

Sun Oct 21 22:26:49 EDT 2012

Jeff and Bob. Many thanks for the information you provided. It looks like Peck is still in business with a new name, Peck Recycling. They appear to be primarily a ship breaker, formerly in VA tidewater, but with a new facility in Richmond. Bob. I need to get Lloyd Lewis's new book. Thanks for the recommendation. I knew about the EL-1B at Whithorne. Would have loved to have seen it.

Stewart. The motors you wrote about that went to the New Haven were the twelve EL-Cs, the rectifier units. The ones I'm trying to track down are the four EL-2B double units that preceded the rectifier motors. Again, many thanks to all.

Tom