End of Service for VGN EL-2B Streamliners

Thu Oct 25 17:27:33 EDT 2012

Hi Rob, I just got a confirmation back from Howard Pincus, my boss when I was active as the Naugatuck Railroad Electrical dep't. He confirmed that the EL-C is still at Saybrook, the Bokum Rd, location I mentioned. It is quite visible from the street, you can park for a short period of time in the drive outside the gate going over the single track main. Just don't trespass on the electrical substation property next to the driveway. Happy looking!!
Stewart
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: End of Service for VGN EL-2B Streamliners

>> I'm a member of the Railroad Museum of New England and the museum owns one of the units in very faded Conrail blue<<

Hi Stewart. Does RMNE / Naugatuck RR still have the EL-C? It's not listed among the locomotives they own on their web site. I live in CT and was up in Thomaston in the spring. It was a weekday and the Naugatuck RR wasn't open, but I could overlook their shop from Waterbury Rd. and didn't see it. Is it indoors perhaps?

Rob Doorack