PRR H-21 Hoppers

Tue Oct 30 17:59:38 EDT 2012

I will be in GA in March 2013 not 2014!

--------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:38 AM
To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: RE: PRR H-21 Hoppers

Yes, N&W and Virginian both leased Pennsy H-21's. I don't have the book on N&W coal cars currently available for reference but Bowser produced both N&W and Virginian models of the PRR H-21's initially in at least 12 numbers each (best I can remember). I would assume the numbers were correct (Bowser usually researches things well). The cars were Pennsy coal car red (for lack of a better term.........and let's not start an argument over what shade of this color is correct!). Dow's book on N&W coal cars would provide detailed information on those leased by the N&W...... unfortunately my copy is in a box in Georgia.

Here's a link to Bowser's web site that gives current model availability and pictures:

http://www.bowserorders.com/.sc/ms/cat/HO%20Cars%20Bowser--H-21%20Hopper%20Car

Ed Painter - from Narrows, VA; currently residing in Russellville, AR; to Dahlonega, GA by March 1,2014