Boaz siding

Fri Dec 7 09:06:25 EST 2012

Hello listers.

This discussion makes one wonder how the pusher service worked. Did the pusher crew know what trains were coming or just push everything that showed up? Did they use telephone? or radio? How does the road crew know where to stop a 2 mile long train to clear the switch at the pusher siding? How many trips up the hill could a Y6 make before refueling? How long was the pusher crew's day? What did they do between trains? How much further from Roanoke terminal was the East side pusher?

My apologies for knowing so little about operations.
Ted Goodman
Columbus