Norfolk & Western Branch Line Series

Sat Dec 29 22:59:48 EST 2012

Hey guys,

What other N&W Branch line books are planned?

I have the three that are currently published and greatly enjoy them, and
am curious as to what else is in store. In the mean time here are several
branches that I am interested in know a little more about.

Spice Creek branch, When was it built, where did it go, when was it
abandoned?

Clear Fork branch, I know this branch served Coalwood, but was that it?
when was it pulled out, where did it leave the main, and what else did ti
serve?

Mate Creek Branch, When was the mate Creek branch built, how many mines did
it serve? In recent times the Switch to the branch was pulled (in fact the
switch panels can bee seen on Google maps), but the Switch heater as well
as the switch machine were left where they were, and the distant signal on
the branch at MC 1 was still lit. So what is going on? Is the branch in the
process of abandonment, or is the switch to be replaced?

Nate

--
Nathan Simmons
trainman51 at gmail.com