Getting History right! An Editorial

Wed Jan 2 23:06:29 EST 2013

Barney

The reason to include it with THE BOOK is that many people [the society
hopes] who are NOT members, will buy the book. They will NOT go
wandering around the Internet looking for corrections/updates. One
should not have to be a society member or subscribe to an email list to
find out that there are addition or corrections to a printed
publication. Many people [in this day and age] forget that there are
still MANY people who have NO ACCESS to the Internet, and even if they
do, are not skilled in its use.
I for one would want to have the information with my printed copy of the
book. I should not have to find it somewhere else on my own and then
print a copy.

If this is the attitude and direction the group wants to take... then I
suggest we quit publishing ANYTHING in hard copy and go to eBook
formats. Can't use a computer or get to a wireless connection to
download content. TOO BAD.

Sorry, but you pressed a big red button for me. I think we should make
the effort to provide our information to the widest audience possible
even if it requires some effort and expense.

Jim Stapleton
Purcellville VA