Getting History right! An Editorial

Thu Jan 3 08:44:59 EST 2013

Nate,

Perhaps you would take the time and forward the errors you found to
aschust2 at comcast.net so they can be corrected in future printings.

Alex Schust

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:53 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Getting History right! An Editorial

I'm with Jimmy Lisle on getting it right. I do understand the perhaps an
errata sheet would be the way to go. That said I'm also with Jim Stapleton.
The errata sheet should be with the book.

On a different note, I want to mention something I have noticed in a
recently published book. 'Bluestone Norfolk & Western Branchline' the first
of the Branch line series. Simply put the History in it is wonderful and the
book is a good read. BUT IMHO the lack of proof reading (or appearance of
the lack of it) is just sad to me. I have found numerous grammatical and
typographical errors, in the book. Several of the errors are bad enough that
it gives the impression that there was never a proof reading. That said, say
a non-member buys the book to read it, and they find all these errors. It
would not make our society very appealing to them, and that is not good! Now
I'm off my high horse, and leaving an open offer to help proof read future
publishings.

-Nate

--
Nathan Simmons