Rural Retreat Station

Tue Jan 22 15:50:27 EST 2013

Mr Akers,

I am doing some academic research on the evolution of vernacular
architecture styles on N&W passenger stations and find your questions, not
to mention the work you are doing on the Rural Retreat project, quite
interesting. I might be of some help to you. Changes in building materials,
the evolution of locomotive technologies, and legal and cultural
institutions such as Jim Crow, all impacted station design and construction.

Drop me a line off list and we can chat. I need to get down to see your
station in any case.

Gerard

Gerard J. Fitzgerald
Gfitzgerald111 at gmail.com