Help Dating a Photo

Thu Jan 24 22:55:11 EST 2013

Thank you, Jim and Jim for your feedback. I really appreciate your expertise.

I've got some additional photos to float by you guys as well.

Jeff Hawkins

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: Help Dating a Photo

Jeff,

Class A 1203 is listed as retired in Prince's book as of 2-1959.

Hopper 60773 is an H-9, rebult from and HL; I believe this number series 607xx is toward the end of the rebuilding of the HLs, somewhere in 1956-7.

The triangle in the left panel of hopper 65183 was a paint code that I believe was not applied until about 1957.

I could not read any of the re-weigh dates on the hopper cars.

So my "guess" is between 1957 and 59. Perhaps someone else can add more info.

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:46:11 PM
Subject: Help Dating a Photo

Several years ago I purchased a batch of photographs and would like some assistance in dating this image from Williamson.

Jeff Hawkins

www.railsinvirginia.com
www.railfirephotography.com

Moderator: