VGN 20078 gondola

Wed Jan 30 12:07:47 EST 2013

The TLC VGN Freight Car reprint book (shameless plug)shows it's a G4C.
Somewhere in our High Capacity Gon materials is the evolution of and the
differences between the G4 subclasses; if my aging memory serves (someone's
going to "help me out here") other than the big rebuild in 1937 and
1938--when both the G3 and G4 had their drop-bottoms (what we peasants call
"fishbellies")eliminated and their capacity reduced, the differences are
kind of minor [stand back for someone to enumerate the brake gear and truck
differences].

Frank Bongiovanni