NW Gondolas sold to Rutland Ry

Tue Mar 5 15:44:04 EST 2013

I think Mr. Nichols nailed it. Here's some more info from the N&WHS archives:

http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/selectdocs.php?index=rs&id=79

 Mark Peele

________________________________
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 11:01 PM
Subject: NW Gondolas sold to Rutland Ry

I have a question on behalf of the Rutland Railroad Historical Society,
back in 1953, the Rutland Ry. purchased 35 of these 41' gondolas used
from the N&W. Information on the cars is rather vague on our end,
with only a few photos existing in print on the cars, and basic
information from the Rutland's company records. Can anyone shed any light
on these cars? And are there any parts that can replicate the ends
accurately? Accurail has released their 41' Gondola in the Rutland scheme
and it looks close but needs the peaked ends.

Thank you for your help.
Phillip Blancher