Fantastic Chase of the Steam Ferry Run

Tue Mar 19 22:15:15 EDT 2013

I don't think I ever really did a chase like today! Blue sky, steam, what could be better!! I awoke to a heavy fog and was thinking not another nasty day, but i took a chance and headed to Crewe. Got to the bridge over the east end and could see the steamer smoking it up. Finally S11 showed up:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282307

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282268

Then 234 with the OLS Catfish leaves town:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282244

Finally the 956 pulls down the backside after facing out the west end and crossing over:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282366

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w1RwPkHAjg

After he pulled down to the signal I headed to Blackstone:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149276339

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aanVmEJAEY4

Next was Ford:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282381

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0hVBz9UXI

Then Steve Taylor showed me his spot at Sutherland:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tktJVVUrQ

Last stop was New Bo, thy put the trip on ice at Dispo while 234 ran the detour:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149282427

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlcCUxjcH9s

Most fun I've had in a long while, and really saw a slew of railfans on the way!! Enjoy!!

Walter Gay
waltrail1 at verizon.net