Old photo of Rural Retreat

Fri Mar 22 15:31:14 EDT 2013

We continue our quest to find out when the Rural Retreat Depot had its
tower shortened. Some speculated that it was shortened when the depot was
rebuilt (1868) after being burned by Union soldiers. Yesterday we found
the attached postcard that shows the two-story tower AND several early
1900's automobiles. There had to be a remodel sometime between 1920 and
1949, so are there any records we can search to find out? Thank you for
your help. PS we have a number of photos and a video of the 630 passing
through on our website.

Frank Akers
www.theruralretreatdepot.com

Moderator: