RF&P Run-through Passenger Cars on N&W Trains

Sat Apr 13 12:43:29 EDT 2013

I am really surprised to hear of the caption mentioning RF&P cars running
through on the N&W's CAVALIER... it will be interesting to learn what was
the story about this, especially so since I have never seen such in a
photo, but of all the trains the N&W operated the CAVALIER seems to be the
least photographed, at least in the resources I have at my disposal.

>Did RF&P sometimes contribute other sleepers in the blue/gray scheme for

this service? Did RF&P coaches run through?

I can help with part of these questions... the answer is No, but the reason
for this is that the RF&P did not have any lightweight sleepers that were
smooth sided and, at least as far as I can tell, none of the few
heavyweight sleepers acquired from Pullman were painted in the blue and
gray scheme... all of that line's sleepers were stainless steel except from
the three used in pool service.

It would be interesting if the 840-series coach - smoker cars did see use
on the N&W, though I suspect that they would have been of greater demand on
the Florida trains. Hopefully someone else can provide more information,
if there is any that can be found.
--
*jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

*N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>

Southern Railway Historical & Modeling Resources - FINALLY updated 2
JANUARY 2012!!!*
<http://southernmodeler.info/>

*Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!*