Roanoke weekend

Mon Apr 22 09:44:03 EDT 2013

The wife agreed to go to Hotel Roanoke for our anniversary trip and I did not argue!!
'Of course it would not be an 100% railfan trip!!
Saturday I only caught one train on film, a Herzog ballast train through the glass of the enclosed bridge:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149803995

Sunday we made a trip up the Christiansburg District first a couple at Montgomery Tunnel
Not positive about the symbols but first an empty auto rack train that I heard as 25G:

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149803997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZ1awJyblU

Then a heavy Stack train maybe 236?

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149804007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-PbaSVpPTQ

Went to Christiansburg and caught 22A?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOKXU6gxtQ
http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149804012

The whole idea was to catch 23G, but not knowing the territory I got lost and when I finally found Vickers, 23G was by me! So I made a mad dash on I-81 for Salem and was able to barely catch it at the Salem sewage plant!!

http://www.pbase.com/waltrail/image/149804093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvISrcI2ROA

Was the best I could do, but I would like to go back!!!

Walter Gay
waltrail1 at verizon.net