N&W Concrete Water Tanks

Mon Jun 3 10:49:26 EDT 2013

Concrete tank at Wilcoe Yard is still standing.

Alex Schust

Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 8:58 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: N&W Concrete Water Tanks

Hello All,

I am working on a project on the historical evolution of water purification
techniques by chemists and railroad personnel in the early to mid 20th
century. In addition I am also looking at the architectural changes in
railroad water tank design and construction in wood and steel (and hopefully
concrete). Does anyone know if any of the N&W concrete tanks are still
standing and could be studied and photographed? In the past I have studied
photos of some of these unique structures in the N&W archives. Any
information about concrete structures that are still trackside would be
greatly appreciated.

Contact me either through this list-serve or off list if you like.

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/images/cleardot.gif>

Gerard

Gerard J. Fitzgerald

Department of History and Art History