Switch List branch operations questions?

Wed Jun 19 21:41:01 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I recently came across this website explaining a switch list on another railroad for a particular town and telling where each car in the consist was going and what it was carrying.

http://www.greenbayroute.com/1967switchlist.htm

I found it quite interesting and was wondering if something similar exist either at the commissary or in a book or on the net that would list and explain the working of rural towns set-outs on any one of the non-coal branch lines of the N&W? I am thinking during the steam era but anything up to the NS merger would be interesting.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Lewis