"Takin' Twenty with the Virginian Brethren" by Skip Salmon

Thu Jun 27 12:56:18 EDT 2013

On the "Scioto County" restoration, I assume they are not restoring it to its 10-6 configuration. Besides gutting it, I believe the Pennsy added some windows, but it is still clearly identifiable as an ex-N&W car.

Jim Nichols

  The
"Turntable Times" features on its cover a photo I took of the Chapter's
T-6 #41 pulling heavy weight sleeper "Lake Pearl" and newest car "Scioto
County" #1489 across the Diamond at "JK" Tower. The "Lake Pearl" is
being restored at the Chapter's 9th Street facility by VMT contractors
and the "Scioto County" former Budd sleeper converted to coach is being
restored by volunteers for Chapter use.

Skip Salmon

CDLXXVII