signals

Wed Jul 10 20:53:02 EDT 2013

Been off list for a while, so if this has already been posted I apologize.
Went to Kenova Sunday to my favorite (closest to me) CPL signal, the one
guarding the main from the south leg of the wye, to make some
measurements and to my surprise found a new-style signal freshly planted
nest to it along with a new equipment shed. The old signal was still
active, but obviously won't be for much longer (get your pix now if you
want 'em). I then followed the river South checking out all the signals I
could see how to reach down to Naugatuck. Is anybody tracking which CPLs
still remain? I shot the ones at Prichard, and there were some just south
of there that I couldn't see how to access. Also, remember Greyeagle and
Panco and I'm sure there were at least a couple more that I'm forgetting.
Am planning another safari later this Summer including Roderfield to
Bluefield. Does anybody know where there are still CPLs on this stretch?
Jim Cochran