Roanoke Junction

Thu Aug 1 08:47:44 EDT 2013

These photos bring back memories of 1991 when I talked the Supt. of Shops Scott to put that flag pole up on this building next to the sign. After we got everything in place and the big crane arrived, I couldn't convence any of our welders to get into that bucket and weld the brackets to the building, holding the pole. The crane company had a welder and he and I did the deed!
Skip Salmon
---- NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

Hey I would definitely rather be in the cage than having to free climb up there! Those guys are INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!Click here: Stairway to Safety - Climbing to the top of a 1700 foot tall tower to change a light bulb - YouTubeRayIn a message dated 7/31/2013 10:46:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

All I have are camera phone snapshots.   Look close and you'll see the two workers in the cage. Not a job I'd like to have!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Eric Shelton
Sent from my iPhone