rock slide detectors

Wed Aug 7 18:06:45 EDT 2013

The ones I have seen had a big plug and socket system and when the spring loaded fence was pulled far enough with some rocks etc it pulled the "plug" and then shunted the curcuit to red.

I have a few slide fences on my layout using plumber cloth ( a slightly larger holed sceen) soldered/ and or glue to some rail stock. It is easy to find out the height which is about 36' or so as old rail was used (39') length with the rest in the gound in concrete to support..

Mike Ritschdorff