Thanks for all the signal discussion!

Fri Aug 9 21:40:15 EDT 2013

signals are quite fascinating.
I have a yard throat for my layout on a module and I have just gotten it
all working with
single target signals using bi-color LED's hooked thru the digitrax
system and the JMRI software.
Works like a charm but you do need some mad skillz because you have to
do programming at a certain level, not deep computer programming, but
some practical logic thinking is in order.
In deciding a signal aspect you have to look the possible circumstance,
switch position, occupancy, the probably speed you want the train to
run, and study the rule book how the railroad did things.
All the talk is invaluable to me, I understand signaling, its all the
various circumstances that
cause the signal aspect that become of interest and it can be differrent
from signal to signal.
Sure there are the basics, but then you get sidings, crossovers, 2
railroads crossing each other
etc it gets interesting. The you have differrent railroads using
different signal designs, its like a different language.

-Lynn-