Bluefield Coal Show

Sat Aug 10 19:56:50 EDT 2013

My recollection is that the coal show was annual, but that the venue was alternated between Bluefield, WV, and Columbus, OH.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Bluefield Coal Show

However, the show was advertised as being "biennial" in the September 1950 issue of the Norfolk and Western Magazine. It's possible the show was annual after that date. I do lack the 1949, 1952 and 1955 series of the magazine, so I am not sure if the show was held in those years. At present, I only have record of the show being held in 1948, 1950, 1954 and 1956, which basically shows the extent of my N&W Magazine collection.
Lois J. Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent from my Galaxy S®III