Montvale, was: More on signal "roolz"

Sat Aug 17 19:01:18 EDT 2013

I can't say what was done in years past, but I can tell you what is done
today (quite literally - I just came through there a few hours ago).
Traveling westbound from single to double track, I got a diverging clear
to take the right hand (#2) track. For as long as I have worked for NS
(primarily on former Southern territory, but with a little running on
the N&W and Virginian), going from single track to main #1 you'd get a
clear signal, while going to #2 you'd get a diverging clear. Since the
northern track around Roanoke is (and I assume always has been) Main #2,
it makes sense to me that Montvale is set up the way it is.

Ken Rickman

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC