Walton "BH Tower, Date for Closing

Sun Sep 1 16:22:05 EDT 2013

In cleaning out some boxes of old paperwork last evening, I ran across a note scribbled on the back of an N&W Empty Car Waybill. It says, "BH Walton closed October 12, 1959, 11:59PM."

Random information lacking attribution or source reference lacks real credibility, but I think I wrote the note after a 1970s conversation with Radford Division Telegrapher Scott Spradlin, who hired in the 1940s and worked BH.

Note that the date is just six weeks before the "Virginian merger," and I have to wonder how the closing of BH was related to merger planning.

-- abram burnett

Sent to you from my Telegraph Key...