basic interlocking signals

Tue Sep 10 15:47:29 EDT 2013

I've expanded my drawing to include what I believe to be the pertinent
signals found at a single-track siding interlocking (see figures below). I
would greatly appreciate feedback on the aspects that I have depicted for
the different traffic cases, tell me what I got right, but more importantly
tell me what I got wrong and how to correct it.

In the first case (Figure 1) the blue train is eastbound ( to the right)
and there is no other traffic. The route is lined for him to hold the main
through the interlocking. Are the aspects shown correctly?

[image: Inline image 1]

If there is a train on the siding as shown in Figure 2, does it have any
effect on the signal aspects? My assumption is that it does not. Let me
know.

[image: Inline image 2]
Thanks in advance for your help/comments/corrections.
Jim Cochran