N&W signal route diagrams

Wed Sep 18 22:41:56 EDT 2013

I think somewhere out in railroad land some signals have a delayed
aspect situation for this,
any train crossing into a block drops the signal to red, after the train
clears the signal but not the block with a delay built into the signal
it could switch to restricting.

Again the following train of another would already know he has a train
ahead of him and the dispatcher would also know this and understand.
This is how you get around some signal limitations. When working grades
and normal no interlocking blocks, just simple blocks this is practicle,
but when you come to interlockings (such as 2 railroads crossing) you
have to have that absolute stop protection. If you have to stop your
train on a grade that is not a good thing and I hope the railroad
designers work out the signals situation so that circumstance doesn't
happen or kept minimal.

-Lynn-