Peavine signals

Mon Sep 23 13:47:29 EDT 2013

The still extant mileposts along the Cincinnati end of the Peavine
appear to be numbered out of Cincinnati, with the former Idlewild
Junction (with the PRR and the old Cincinnati Belt Railway) being the 0
point. There is one not too far from my house numbered C5. Could the
C98 be indicating 9.8? That would be about the right distance, if that
signal is where I think it is (right next to the Little Miami River, on
the east end of Clare.)

And, yes, Clare is definitely prone to flooding.