Rural Retreat Depot

Sat Sep 28 07:41:47 EDT 2013

I may have got some of this wrong ......... and no doubt many more intimate
and expert on and off this list will correct me (and Millie) :-)

Dominic
London

In fact the train station appears to have survived as a passenger station
almost to the Amtrak era which the Norfolk and Western Railway eschewed.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/lohmann-saving-the-old-train-station-in-rural-retreat/article_2a8647b8-e5bb-55f5-b789-4526159e8a82.html

Some pix athttp://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns1183.jpeg

http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns1184.jpeg

<http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns1181.jpeg>