Signal Question and rule term

Mon Oct 28 09:50:54 EDT 2013

despite having stock interest in the N&W, the siganl rules are still differrent between the railroads.

The N&W signals have a more semaphore influence.

-Lynn-
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:35 PM
Subject: Signal Question and rule term

Hello all,

The latest round of questions into signaling and position lights got me wondering about some things. Living up here in New Jersey, I'm familiar with PRR position lights and their use of say "Medium Clear". Where as the N&W used and NS (Outside of former CR territory) still uses "Diverging Clear" on position lights. Was this something that was done at the beginning of the use of position lights on the N&W or was there a time where they to were using "Medium" as well? Seeing as how the PRR had influence over the N&W I've always wondered why the signal rules were a bit different.

Thanks

-Brandon Kaback