Grimsby And Cleethorpes Railway Group

Tue Dec 3 03:43:32 EST 2013

Some fuller details are here:

RELIVE the golden age of travel with the newly-formed Grimsby And Cleethorpes Railway Group.
A spokesperson said: "Many people lamented the closing-down of the local branch of the Great Central Railway Society a couple of years ago.

"In order to help fill this void, we are therefore pleased
to announce the formation of the Grimsby And Cleethorpes Railway Group.

"The group will meet at 7.30pm on the third Tuesday of the
month, initially during the autumn and winter period from October to
March.

"Meetings will be held in the Number One Refreshments Rooms at the former
Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway building on platform one
of Cleethorpes Railway Station. Each monthly meeting will feature an
audio/visual presentation by a guest speaker."

Details of the programme up to Christmas are as follows:

October 15, speaker Paul King on The Coming Of The Railways To Cleethorpes.
November 19, speaker Brian Bell on Life On The Footplate.
December 17, speaker Bob Gelletly on The Winston Link.

Admission is £3 per meeting, which includes one free raffle ticket.

For more information about the group and how to get involved, telephone Dennis Parkinson on 07702 034455 or Mike Hartley on 01724 341358.

Read more: http://legacy.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/New-railway-society-forms/story-19832658-detail/story.html#ixzz2mOp9xU2j

I walked 12 miles for the Pirate Castle for the 4th time on June 22nd - please help bysponsoring me

>Sent: Monday, 2 December 2013, 17:26

>Subject: Bob's presentation 'O Winston Link and the N&W Railway'

>Hi all

>Just thought I would sneak in a plug for my next

presentation while the listings have died down a bit. It will be at the Grimsby & Cleethorpes Railway Group on Tuesday 17 December. They are a new group
that started last October so I haven't visited them before. They meet in the
old station buildings at Cleethorpes – it is now a pub called 'No.1' as
they are on platform 1. Start time of 7.30pm. All welcome.

>If you are stateside it is quite easy to get to.

Catch a flight to Manchester
[MAN] and then take the train (TransPennineExpress) direct to Cleethorpes. You
can step directly from the train into the pub. See you there!