N&W seasons greeting

Fri Dec 6 05:29:59 EST 2013

I remember when it arrived at Abingdon,and that was in early 2008 I
believe. I was also there helping flag the crossing at Fuller St. the
day the movers lifted it off the tracks and onto a flat bed for a trip
up the street to its current location. I remember it well because
that was in the fall of 2008 when I was the signal maintainer there.
It was in awful shape at that time, and looks much better now.

It probably was "just a caboose" to the townsfolk. I doubt by that
time there were any wooden ones left.

As for me, I prefer the steel Virginian cabs! I think they had a
beautiful styling, and an old conductor told me they were the best
riding of all of them in his opinion!

Ben Blevins