Atkins Tanks

Fri Dec 13 17:25:29 EST 2013

The cabs were stored in an old track on the south side of the tracks where
an apartment complex now stands. I checked all my old track charts and
cannot find out what that track was originally for.

The switch was on the old Atkins siding, just a little west of milepost NB
358. The ties for that old spur were still there 20 years ago before the
brush overgrew it. I do not know if the spur's switch was moved over to
the main when the passing siding was removed, or if the cabeese were locked
in because of the siding was gone.

As I understand it as it was told to me by my Father in law who lived
nearby, the cabooses were burned down to make room for the apartment
complex...

Ben Blevins