2156 and 2050 restoration

Tue Dec 17 22:03:24 EST 2013

protects it from the weather, why not...
Lets nag these museums and see if they want to bring life to these engines on their own, they don't have to move off to Roanoke, they can sure visit there if possible.
-Lynn-
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: 2156 and 2050 restoration

Who paints the rods? Just about every locomotive on display that's not in operation. Every locomotive
at VMT has painted rods including the 611 only exception would be 1218 which they clear coated
and is now just rust for the most part. I saw 2156 last year looked OK by me.

Larry Evans
Kenova, WV
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 5:04 PM

How so? Have you seen the 2156 in recent times? yuck comes to mind. I mean who in their right mind PAINTS the RODS!

Nathan Simmons
trainman51 at gmail.com
http://www.t-51.org
KI4MSK