Arthur VA near Elliston

Sat Jan 4 10:33:32 EST 2014

Anybody have the solution(s) to the tunnel numbering conundrum?

Gordon-

You've done more research on it than I have. Roadway improvements
were usually shown in the annual reports. Researching earlier reports
might reveal the additional tunnels. In 1905, the second bore at
Montgomery was completed. So does that count as ONE tunnel or
TWO ? Vaguely, from previous reports, I remember there had been a
tunnel at Curve -- that's a location between Pearisburg and Glen Lyn.
H. W.

-