E.W. Clark, the Clark Bank, the SV RR, the N&W & F.J. Kimball

Thu Jan 9 19:54:37 EST 2014

Well, now! We've finally found a connection between George B. Roberts, sixth President of the PRR (1880-1896) and the Clark Banking Family which bankrolled the Shenandoah Valley RR and the early Norfolk & Western Railroad [sic.] One of Roberts' daughters married into the Clark family, and a daughter from this union later married Nelson Rockefeller. Frederick J. Kimball was, as I recall, a nephew of one of the Clark oligarchs. "Follow the money," as the saying goes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Brooke_Roberts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Clark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_White_Clark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_White_Clark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._W._Clark_%26_Co.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_J._Kimball

Be sure to check all the footnotes to these articles. They're juicy.

-- abram burnett