N&W Surviving Stations Part 2

Sat Feb 22 21:02:43 EST 2014

I was not aware of the Bluefield freight station. There is a Amtrak station at Bluefield (now used by NS) which I did not include because it was not of N&W origin. Also, I found the stations at both Emory and Meadowview. Thanks to Google Maps, the location given was not trustworthy. Also, it gave these locations for those stations in the N&WHS list:
Lennig, VA: Lennig Rd., Nathalie,VA.
Winfall, VA: Brookneal Hwy., Gladys, VA.
Elkland,NC: Todd, NC.
These are not the fault of Google Maps, it may be going by post office location.
Also these updates:
Dunlow, WV: Appears to be in poor shape in the "Street View" on Google Maps. Needs personal investigation to confirm this.
Rougemont, NC: Appears to be mostly demolished. NS has abandoned the line at this point, and a view along Red Mountain Rd. may confirm what remains.
Pine Hall, NC: Can't really judge, but from the satellite it appears to have been flattened. It's on Pine Hall Rd. if anyone wants to take a look.
Ashville, OH: Appears to be in good shape.
Lavalette, WV: I'll leave this for you to judge. I feel it may be on the way out.
Chillicothe,OH: I know it burned in 2012. It is marked off the N&WHS list, so I suspect it has been demolished.
Lennig, VA: Appears to be in good shape, though sitting by itself in a field.
Roxboro, NC: Appears to have been moved and turned into a house. Pilings remain along the railroad, though what they came from I don't know.
Tuckerdale,NC: Appears to be in good shape though it looks like it has been many years since it's seen a coat of paint.
Hopefully more updates to come.
Lois J.Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent from my Galaxy S®III