Mechanical Engineer Names

Wed Apr 9 16:27:37 EDT 2014

Evette,
My father was Richard Lisle. He wasn't a mechanical engineer, but, he
was a "Tinner" (a sheetmetal worker). This is a picture of him hammering
out the streamline casing on engine #600. This part of the casing was made
out of twenty eight different pieces of metal. You can almost count them
all. He made the casings for all fourteen of the Class J locomotives.
Trailing behind him is more of the forms for the rest of the casing. He
retired from N&W after forty eight years of service as a long time
sheetmetal gang leader. I am sorry that I don't know the name of his
helper. I only found this picture after my father passed away.

Jimmy Lisle

Moderator: