St. Louis Museum of Transportation and Virginia Museum of Transportation ...

Sat May 31 19:02:41 EDT 2014

Check "NS locomotives" on Facebook. There have been photos posted for several days of the repainted FTB unit leaving Chattanooga for Spencer, where it has been reunited with the A..
At the time, I didn't know about the deal with St. Louis, but now it all makes sense.

Jim Nichols

​The press release announcing this great news stated:​

> In exchange, the Virginia museum  will send to St. Louis a Southern
>> Railway diesel General Motors EMD
  FTB unit to complement the St. Louis
>> museum’s FTA demonstration
  unit.

​This is wonderful news and too long in coming. I guess the folks in St. Louis finally decided that NS could safely and carefully move the Y without damaging it.

As to the FTB, what state is it in? There is one picture on the VMT website, but it is a tight view looking down the flank of the unit. It is difficult to tell what the paint scheme is, let alone the condition. Is, perhaps, there going to be a stop in Tennessee at the NS paint shop for some touch-up work, as was done on the Wabash unit?

Bruce in Blacksburg
​