Clinchfield F7 in N&W paint?

Wed Jul 30 18:31:15 EDT 2014

The location is at the east end of the paint shop in Roanoke Shops.  Look to the right of the locomotive and over the top of the coach and you can see the brick guardhouse that sits at the north end of the walkway that leads to the GOB-E, etc.  Also, the light colored building beyond the guardhouse is what was the NS Computer Services building--now Carilion.

Gordon
  Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:28 PM
  Subject: Clinchfield F7 in N&W paint?

  We have added images of N&W #800 which I'm guessing is a F7. Checking some past mailing list posting this is a Clinchfield F7 re-painted for a Pepsi commercial filmed in Farmville VA. Found a Farmville website that gives 1979 as the year.

  http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=105709
  http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=105710
  http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=105711

  Does any know the Clinchfield road number before the N&W paint? Can anyone id location of these photos?

  - Roger Link