The Future ?

Thu Oct 2 09:59:56 EDT 2014

/"Our second step in moving the organization forward was to develop
plans consistent with implementing the NWHS //
//Vision Statement, which is posted at www.nwhs.org and says://
//
//"Over the next 20 years we intend to implement the steps necessary to
establish and maintain the Society and its //
//Archives as the recognized, authoritative sources for information
about the history and operations of the N&W //
//and VGN railways //and their respective places *_in the development of
the Central Appalachian region_*//and in the //
//development of rail transport in general. As our resources permit, we
intend to put in place up-to-date, proven //
//research technologies to make our collections available to the wider
history and research communities."  "/

Reading the above highlighted segment from the fourth quarter eTAF, is
this to say that the rest of the N&W is to be ignored? Is the "Central
Appalachain  Region" to be given top priority? What about the Valley,
Piedmont (including areas toward Durham and Winston-Salem) and Tidewater
areas of Virginia? What about the Ohio districts? I somehow feel that
this "Vision Statement" is far too localized and out of line with what
we should be doing.

Jimmy Lisle