Moving 2156

Wed Oct 15 20:06:01 EDT 2014

Nothing has happened during the past month - but - this week is
different.
According to the Curator, NS has OK'd #2156 for the big move.  Step 1
will take place this Friday, when the MOT will move the Y6a from its
dead
end location to a spot just inside the gate through which museum tracks
connect with the UP/ex Mopac main line; and UP has been notified.

Would like to photograph that move - but family activities will find me
elsewhere.

As to the impending pickup by UP; they march to their own tune.  I may,
or may
not be present to photograph and wave 'good bye'.  If I am on site,
will get still
and video of 2156 leaving the museum; may also be able to get additional
shots as the procession passes through Kirkwood.  Stay tuned.

Jerry Crosson