2156 Move

Sat Oct 18 05:57:03 EDT 2014

You all might find it of interest.

Roanoke Chapter NRHS's tool car 1407, currently in Chattanooga will shortly, if not already, be enroute to St. Louis to serve as a tool car for the 2156 move east.

We were asked to loan the car to NS for this move and we gladly agreed. We expect, if all goes well, to see 2156 back in Roanoke in the next two to three weeks.

This will give the 1407 the singular honor of very likely being the only surviving N&W car to serve behind each of the "big three".

Ken Miller