Photo

Tue Nov 25 14:42:50 EST 2014

This photo generated quite a lot of conversation.  Thanks to all for your input.  I confess to misspelling Altizer’ name, sorry about that.  I also, miss labeled the locomotive class. I researched several A’s and Y’s photos and decided to go with the A, thanks for the clarification.
The photo belonged to Percy A Richardson and is now in the possession of his daughter, a good friend of ours.  She did not know the date it was taken nor was any date recorded on the back of the photo, only the names of those pictured. I spoke to her today and she was glad that I shared it with those who remembered her Dad and the other men.  I mentioned the story told about her dad and the police officer incident and she recalled her dad speaking of it many times.  Also, she does not mind it being used for the RYPN project mentioned by Jeff Lisowski.
Photos such as these surely bring back lots of memories of when railroading touched the lives of so many.
Herman Wilkins

Any former N&W employees happen to know or remember these men? L to R: Brakeman Alitzer, Engineer Smith, Conductor Richardson, Fireman Blevins.

Herman Wilkins

Moderator: