SD39's

Sun Jan 4 13:43:34 EST 2015

Hi List,

                I donated the slides of the SD39 being painted black back in
2000 at the NWHS convention in Huntington, WV.  These were duplicates given
to me by my friend Craig.  He said his brother took them.  I don't remember
the brother's name.  I gave  the slides to Jim Gillium at the hotel on the
morning of the membership meeting afterwards.  It seems that each one of the
former Illinois Terminal's SD39's were "patched" differentially.  I haven't
been able to find it but there was an article in one of the magazines that
had a multipage photo essay of the engines working on what is now the
Wheeling & Lake Erie in southeastern Ohio.  Anybody remember seeing that
magazine?  I don't think it was Trains.

                I was under the impression that the engine being painted was
somewhere in Ohio.  I don't know why that sticks in my head but I've been
wrong before.aw heck that was 15 years ago.

Take care, John Hecker