Virginian Picture

Tue Feb 10 18:03:04 EST 2015

 I have to agree with Aubrey that it is Princeton. I have seen photos of Princeton with the little grassy area west of the depot, but never have seen that on either end of Victoria. It appears to be some sort of fraternal organization, and Aubrey's guess is as good as any, probably better since he has a particular memory of such a party. I'm pretty sure that the engine is a PA, which dates the photo after 1920. I cannot see any wires in the background, which would put it before the electrification, or 1926. Great photo HB & Anne!  Jeff Sanders

 Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:15 PM
 Subject: RE: Virginian Picture

Not trying to muddy the waters, but didn't Victoria have a two story station
that was similar to that in the picture.  Reid's book on page 126 has a
picture of the two story station.  It is very similar to the Princeton
station in the post card on page 94 of "Virginian Railway in Color".

Skip Sledge
Have a nice day - it is much better than a bad one!

The location matches that of one I have of Virginian 800 taken  in
Princeton.  I used cropped version of the picture of VGN 800 in  Princeton
in my Virginian Railway Calendar, April 2010.

Aubrey Wiley