Concrete Water Tank

Mon Feb 16 11:57:47 EST 2015

On 2/16/2015 1:38 AM, Ed King wrote:
> It appears to me that there would be no water in the structure below
> the level of the spout; what would be the  point of having to pump it
> into a tender?  It?s likely that all the space under that height
> would be empty.

Appearances can be deceiving <g>

Suppose the spout were attached to a pipe going to the bottom of the
tank. When the water level is higher than the spout, the system works as
expected. However, once it starts, and the water level falls below the
spout, you have a siphon capable of emptying the tank without pumping. I
have no idea whether they did this, but someone on this list might?

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont