What is the line between Bristol and Radford called

Sun Apr 5 13:57:40 EDT 2015

Kinda new to the N&W Society, are you, Jeff?

The original railroad was built from Norfolk (even earlier from City Point-Petersburg) to Bristol via Lynchburg to connect with a predecessor of the Sothern Railway at Bristol.  This line was complete by 1856.  This had been the main line for nearly 25 years before the decision was made to go down New River from what is now Radford to get to the coal fields.  The Bristol Line was, in fact, the west end of the original railroad.  You can get rough ideas of the original railroad from books available from the Society.

EdKing